Happy St. Patrick's Day - a day late!!
We are Irish in both mine and my husband's family so we like to celebrate St. Patty's Day.
But to start my weekend I finally got to run outside on Friday night. The fresh air and my feet pounding the pavement felt so good. I fell in love all over again with running. Only problem is it is A LOT harder running outside than on a treadmill. I was hurting bad!! But I kept pushing and got my 3.1 miles out. It was pretty cool outside and I wasn't dressed properly. I wore thin capris and my legs were cold. My hips actually went numb right before mile 2. I'm not sure it that was just the pain from running or the cold, maybe a mixture of both. I really had to push myself hard to keep running until I hit the 3.1 miles. It was so hard but it felt so good at the same time.
And I'm still a little sore today - - - - - - 3 day later!!!!!
And I'm still a little sore today - - - - - - 3 day later!!!!!
I can't wait to get back outside and run again later this week when it warms up again. We got more snow today. I usually don't mind the snow and cold weather, but I'm sick of it now. I think it's more because I want to get outside and run!!! I now have a reason for warm weather. For so many years I dreaded the warmer weather cause that meant less clothes to drowned myself in.
Saturday the kids and I hung out all day since the hubby had to work and then had to go finish cleaning out his dad's house since they are closing on it next Monday. We ran some errands around town and then decided to hit up A&W for some ice cream treats. I think this was Bryson's very first ice cream cone, ever!! It was hilarious watching him figure out how to lick it. Both kiddos really enjoyed our impromptu 'date'.
Briella being a good big sister and feeding her brother. Notice her mouth wide open 'showing' him what to do. HAHA
Sunday was St. Patty's Day!!! I got the kids dressed up in their green and we headed out to brunch to celebrate my older sister's birthday. It was really nice to get the whole family together. My sister had no idea that we were all coming. We have this famous donut shop in town that makes the best donut EVER!!! Well they are known for their Long John's and they make a party long john so I order one for my sister's birthday 'cake' since long john's are her favorite. I've brought her them each time she was in the hospital having her babies.
That's one large donut!!! And OH.SO.GOOD!!!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day from my two Leprechauns
"Kiss me I'm Irish"
We had corned beef and cabbage but I totally forgot to taek any pictures of it. It was amazing!!!!
Until next time......
Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you and who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
Follow me!!

Did you tell Bryson to put his hands in his pockets or is he just that scrumptiously handsome all on his own?!
ReplyDeleteI sure wish I could have been part of the family on Sunday to get some of that huge ass donut!
He did it himself. It's his new thing, hands are always in his pockets. He will even walk down the front steps with his hands in his pockets...UGH!! That first step his little short legs can barely make and it's even harder when you have your hands in your pocket!!
DeleteI can't wait to be able to run 3.1miles, Ann - so awesome!! Good for you for getting out there :) I know the warmer weather feeling - I'm actually lookig forward to it for the first time in many, many years! The kids are adorable and I'm glad you had a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteYay, you were finally able to leave a comment!! You will get there Jenn!!! Thanks for all your support! This is the first year I can remember wanting warm weather!!
Delete