My husband is on the Lewiston Volunteer Fire Dept and Ambulance and I'm part of the Volunteer Fire Dept Auxiliary. Well the Auxiliary has an annual Fish Fry every year to raise money. This was our 3rd year. A couple days after Christmas the Assistant Fire Chief's house started on fire, luckily no one was home but their dogs - who were rescued. The fire was well on it's way by the time the fire dept got there, plus it was a Friday afternoon and I think only 7-8 people are available during the weekdays. They ended up having to let the house burn - complete loss. That family lost everything!! So us 'wonderful' ladies on the auxiliary decided that this years Fish Fry we were going to donate ALL proceeds to this selfless, deserving family.
In the past two years of doing our Fish Fry we have served approximately 225-250. Well year we surpassed that and served almost 425 dinner!! Whoooohoooo!! Our community ROCKS!!!! It makes me so very happy to see everyone in the community step up and help out in a time of need even surrounding area Volunteer Fire Depts showed up, it was just an amazing experience to be part of.
So as I'm rambling on about the fire dept, auxiliary and my small little town, but I feel very lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.....and this doesn't even include my amazing family and friends!!
Onto some more random stuff....my kids started swim lessons about two weeks ago. This is Briella's second lesson with her first one being 2 years ago and she did not like them at all and this is her first year doing them all by herself. And this is Bryson very first year with swimming, he cried most of the first lesson but was a little happier the second but still very nervous - it's like he thinks mommy will let go of him in the water or something. Haha.....so here's some random pictures for you all....since I haven't posted any yet of my beautiful kiddos!!!! enjoy!
This is going to be an awesome weekend for me but mentally stressful. It's my best friend's birthday so a bunch of us are getting together and going out to dinner and lots of drinks!!! My kids are away at my aunts for the night and my husband is stuck home on call for the ambulance....OH what fun I can have!!!! But I'm also stressed about the drinking and eating, I know how I am and how I can get with unhealthy choices, I don't feel like I'm strong enough yet to fight them off easily but hopefully with all this extra support I have from my followers and FB group I can get through it and not dwell on the unhealthy and just make extra good food choice leading up to and afterwards and busting my butt at the gym!!! I did run 3 miles this morning and it felt amazing!!!! 8K here I come!!!!

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you and who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
Follow me!!
It was also very nice as a newly put-together Auxiliary to be able to contribute so much. We are some pretty awesome ladies if I might say so myself!! A little over a year ago I had back surgery and they all got together and brought my family a hot meal every other day for almost 4 weeks!! It was heavenly as we had a 5 month old and almost 2 year old at the time and my husband was working and taking care of me, the kids, the house and the dealing with the death of his father.
So as I'm rambling on about the fire dept, auxiliary and my small little town, but I feel very lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.....and this doesn't even include my amazing family and friends!!
Onto some more random stuff....my kids started swim lessons about two weeks ago. This is Briella's second lesson with her first one being 2 years ago and she did not like them at all and this is her first year doing them all by herself. And this is Bryson very first year with swimming, he cried most of the first lesson but was a little happier the second but still very nervous - it's like he thinks mommy will let go of him in the water or something. Haha.....so here's some random pictures for you all....since I haven't posted any yet of my beautiful kiddos!!!! enjoy!
He wasn't sure what to think
My little sassy diva waiting to jump in
Swimming is exhausting
This is going to be an awesome weekend for me but mentally stressful. It's my best friend's birthday so a bunch of us are getting together and going out to dinner and lots of drinks!!! My kids are away at my aunts for the night and my husband is stuck home on call for the ambulance....OH what fun I can have!!!! But I'm also stressed about the drinking and eating, I know how I am and how I can get with unhealthy choices, I don't feel like I'm strong enough yet to fight them off easily but hopefully with all this extra support I have from my followers and FB group I can get through it and not dwell on the unhealthy and just make extra good food choice leading up to and afterwards and busting my butt at the gym!!! I did run 3 miles this morning and it felt amazing!!!! 8K here I come!!!!
This here is what we had for dinner tonight. Cheesy Chicken & Stuffing, it was so yummy and only 7 WW points. Recipe can be found here.
Until next time......

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you and who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
Follow me!!












I love when communities get together! Its great! We did swimming in the fall and Peyton loved it. We will be going back soon. Grilled chicken is always my go to meal when I eat out.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great turn out for the fry! My kids have always loved the water. I can't imagine anyone crying! We about live in the water in the summer though. You'll do great on your dinner and drinks, remember that you gotta live a little :)
ReplyDelete