Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In..........

I joined a Biggest Loser Challenge, which by the way is a group of some pretty amazing women who are so supportive and great motivation to do whatever it takes to get where you want to be.  We have to weigh in every Wednesday and take pictures of our scale with a word which is posted each Tuesday and send it in.  Here's what I saw today....ignore my icky feet, I best get some polish on my toes if I'm going to be showing them off every week ;)


I had a weight of 199 on Jan. 2 and started Weight Watchers on Jan 6 so I've lost 6.6 so far this year!!!  Yes, I'll take that!!  I'm really pushing to hit my first goal of 185 by the end of this month, which is where I was before the holidays.  

This morning I got up early again and headed to the gym.  Ran 2 miles on the treadmill and it felt GREAT! But I really miss running outside on the pavement.  But this MN weather is just too cold some days to be outside for long periods of time.  I remembered how much I love running and how good it makes me feel, like I can do anything I put my mind to.

Each year the small town I live in has a running event called Fools Five, it bring in about 3,000 participants from all over the place and raises almost $100,000 for local cancer support groups and cancer research.  They have a 1 mile or 8K walk/run.  I have always done the 1 mile and walked it pushing my kiddos in a stroller.  Well, this year I'm going to run the 8K, I hope...The furthest I've ever ran was 3.1 miles, so I need to bust my butt into gear and double that mileage!  

So my husband made a comment to me last night about how he hasn't seen me smile as much as I have in the last two day in weeks.  That folks is what working out, eating right and just making healthy decisions can do to a person!  And I'm lucky to have a wonderful husband to remind me of those little things.  You all know a happy mama makes a happy home...

Well that's all I got for today.  

Until next time......




Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you and who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o) 

Follow me!!

1 comment:

  1. That's great, Ann! I love the idea of putting a word on the scale like that. What a great motivator. I do agree you might want to pretty up your feet, though. That could also be a great motivator. ;)

    I'm glad you decided to go for the 8k, but I'll miss my Fools Five walking partner :(

    ReplyDelete