Monday, January 14, 2013

The weight of it all

A little about my weight journey...growing up I was never over weight and was very active and very fit.  I was around 125-130lbs all through high school.   I played basketball and softball my whole life and worked out at the gym all through high school.  Once I got to college it changed....I ate the same as I did before but I stopped working out and started drinking a lot more.  The only activity that I did was park rec softball in the summer and I don't know if any of you have played park rec sports but where I come from it involves a lot of drinking....  Each year I was having to buy bigger and bigger clothes, it didn't really hit me until I got to about a 18, I was in denial. I was up to my highest weight ever when Chris asked me to marry him in 2007...236 freaking lbs!!!!  How did that happen?!?!  I dieted throughout the years, you name it I've tried it, and lost weight here and there but always managed to put it back up plus some!!  I did end up losing about 40 lbs before my wedding in Sept 2008.  We got pregnant with Miss B in Feb 2009, after having her in Nov 2009 I was able to lose all the baby weight and some without even trying.  I keep that off and then got pregnant with B-man July 2010.  He was born April 2011 and I lost most of the weight I gained but no more.  Sept 2011 I had back surgery, buried my Father in law and got a new job--all within 3 weeks!!  Stressful!!!!!!  I just ate and ate...by May of 2012 I was back up to the 200's and miserable.  I'd come home from work and just want to sit on my butt all night long.   May 7th I weighed in at 218 and started AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge and also started the Couch to 5K.  I lost almost 40lbs in 3 short months, I was so happy with myself and felt great!!  I was able to keep it off during the summer but just couldn't lose anymore.  I ran my very first 5K Sept 2012 and was so happy!!  I ran another 5K in Oct and after that I got sick and with all the holidays that have just past I let myself go again and ended up gaining almost 15 of that back!!  How does it come back on so fast!!!

Now is a new year!!!!  A new year for a new me!!  I started Weight Watchers on Jan 6 at 199 lbs (I was not letting myself get back into the 200's!!!) and hoping to stay on track this time around and get to my first goal of 150 by summer!!!!

Leave me a comment, let me know what keeps you motivated!!

Until next time.....


3 comments:

  1. We are on a similar weight loss journey. I weigh 195 and hope to be between 145 and 160 by June 1st. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dusty - I'm really hoping to get to at least 160 by June 1!! Thanks for following!! Look forward to hear how your journey is going!! MLFC Biggest Loser Challenge is a great start!

      Delete
  2. I feel you! Except when I was super cute in high school and junior college... I didn't even know it! Now I want to own it. I want to lose my weight and be happy with myself... not matter what. :) We can do this!

    ReplyDelete