Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love and Friendship



I had an amazing weekend filled with lots of love and great friendship!!  I realized how lucky I really am this past weekend.

Friday night my husband took me out to dinner to my favorite restaurant for Valentine's Day.  It was amazing!!!  We actually took our time and enjoyed each other and talked.  It's harder than you think when you are so used to shoving food in your face as fast as you can cause you have two toddlers with that have sat long enough!  We really need to make a point to make this a regular occurrence.  It's so easy to get caught up in taking care of the kids and being mommy and daddy that we forget that we are still husband and wife.

I wanted to take pictures of the food and stuff but my husband gets so embarrassed about stuff like that, especially in a super nice restaurant!!

We recently found a babysitter that's not family to watch the kids.  She lives right behind us so that makes it perfect.  I was so hesitant on hiring a young person to watch my kids, but finally came to the terms that it is necessary about a month ago.  None of my family lives in our town so we always have to drive 30-45 minutes to take the kids to my parents or my aunt and uncles house.  Which is such a hassle so that is why we just don't get out.  The kids are really loving the new babysitter - this was her second time over.  Things seem to be going great with her.  I'm really excited to see how the kids relationship grows with her as I remember how close I was to the kids I babysat way back in the day!

Saturday my best friend planned a surprise for me and another friend.  This was kind of my birthday present - my birthday was in November - so I've been waiting 3+ LOOONG months to find out what the big surprise was!!!  The three of us - no kids, no husbands - went out to a Cajun restaurant and then we were given some gifts and there was one envelope that read "Open Last" and in there was tickets to The Beauty and The Beast Play!!!!  I was so excited!!  Beauty and the Beast is one of my all time favorite movies!!  You can read a little blog my bestie wrote up about it  here.



Here I am with my two besties at Beauty and the Beast (I'm the one on the right!)

I want to take a little time to tell you about my friend Angie.  We started off as drinking buds way back in the day, then we kind of went our own way and saw each other here and there and did the small talk.  Then we found out we were both pregnant with our first at the same time, her being due in Aug and me in Nov.  That started our true friendship.  We emailed each other almost daily with questions about our pregnancies, then after the babies came we were emailing each other daily.  We have now become more than just friends, we are family!!  I couldn't imagine my life without her and her family in it!!  She has gone above and beyond for me and my family when we went through some really hard times and I just hope that one day I can return the favor!!

Sunday was a lazy day for my family.  We just sat around watching movies and playing Candy Land, which isn't fun unless my 3 year old is winning!! I  really took it all in and realized how lucky I really am!!!  Loving husband who will do anything for me, the best friends anyone could ask for and two wonderful children that I love more than life itself!!

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend!  This weekend gave me the motivation that I needed!!


Until next time......


Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you and who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)

Follow me!!



3 comments:

  1. Awwww! Thanks, Ann. That's super sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mr. hates the whole picture taking too so I always end up using google images and searching the restaurants we went to. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love having a girls night with the besties. How fun! I LOVE Beauty and the Beast as well! :)

    ReplyDelete