1. Seeing ME....
The other morning I was standing on the scale to see what my number was for the day and I glanced up and saw myself in the mirror and I wasn't totally disgusted with what I saw. I saw a woman changing into someone better, someone happier. I saw someone making huge changes to be someone I can be proud of. And I also noticed my tummy getting a teeny tiny bit flatter :)
2. Making better choices....
Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday. I'm not a huge fan of football and could really care less who makes it to the Super Bowl and wins. I'm a Packer fan at heart since that is what I was taught, but my husband says I'm not a true fan. Anyways, usually days like this I like to use as an excuse to go all out and eat junk food all day long - cause you know it's not as bad for you when it's for a special day, right?? Well, I decided I wasn't go to shove everything possible into my cart from the snack aisle this time. I made some meatballs, my husbands favorite, and then I made some 'mock' buffalo wings!!! I made homemade blue cheese dressing and put it in celery and drizzling it with buffalo sauce. They were amazing!! I got the satisfaction of the buffalo taste without the added calories!! I was so happy and so proud of myself for not giving into temptations just because everyone else did on that day!
So what are you Non-Scale Victories this week?
Until next time......
Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you and who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
Follow me!!


My heart smiled a bit when I read the part about your liking YOU in the mirror! Glad to hear it, Ann.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ang!!
DeleteI love this! I love that you saw yourself and felt pride! That is awesome and I'm glad you are feeling that way!
ReplyDeleteYour #1, made me think of Jillian's quote from ripped in 30. "Transformation is not a future event, it is a present activity." Way to go being creative with the buffalo sauce, I stuffed hot wings in my face for the super bowl but next time I think I will try your version. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I really like that quote!!
DeleteMock buffalo wings? Sounds delish - where did you get the recipe?? Congrats on your NSV!
ReplyDeleteStephanie @ lemnelife.blogspot.com
I just kind of made it up....I saw a post, I don't remember from where, with homemade blue cheese dressing and turkey meatballs stuffed with cheese and there was celery on the side and everything was drizzled with buffalo sauce.
DeleteHey lady great job on Superbowl Sunday!! I sucked it up! I weigh myself sometimes twice a day I will not lie! I can almost tell you how much I will weigh in the mornings by what I weigh at night!! It's a sickness I tell you!! However, I am getting better at this!!
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for a Liebster!! Stop by www.isemingerchronicles.blogspot.com to get your questions!!
I'm the same way!!! Why do we weigh ourselves at night??? UGH!! I really need to just put my scale away and only take it out once a week or maybe even every two weeks!! It's an awful sickness!!!
DeleteThanks for the nomination!!!
Ann...I completely teared up when I read your comment about seeing yourself in the mirror. You are beautiful and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing that moment with us - very proud of you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenn!!!
DeleteI nominated you for a Liebster!
ReplyDelete